2. Petrus is worth over €1 billion (for 11 hectares/ 28.2acres).
3. The 2016 vintage from Bordeaux,which has just been bottled will be sensational.
4. The 2018 vintage from Bordeaux, which has just been harvested will be even more sensational.
5. The growers in Burgundy are (finally) happy with quantity as well as quality for the 2018 harvest.
6. Champagne is a beautiful countryside area and the small villages are charming.
7. Reims Cathedral is still my favourite architechtural building in the World.
8. Gevrey Chambertin is vying with Volnay for my favourite Burgundy village for red wine.
9. Mexican, Ecuadorian, Peruvian and Brazilian clients are great fun.
10. Bordeaux 2013(for reds is a dead dog), whilst 2013 Sauternes is sensational.
|Daniel Cathiard's dog at Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte.|
12. Everything in Texas is big.
13. Girls from Cardiff on a hen weekend in Bordeaux can be very entertaining, although I learned some new language and .......positions.
14. Having over 1000 genuine Instagram followers @bellawinetours has created more business opportunities.
15. Having over 4000 Facebook friends @ Hamish Wakes-Miller has not developed as many business opportunities as Instagram.
16. Having over 2000 followers on Twitter @hamishwm has maximum effect when you tweet @realdonaldtrump about wine taxation.....over 18000 impressions.
17. I worked 11% more for 6% less in 2018.
18. English footballers win recognition and praise for coming 4th in a World Cup, whilst a most honourable, talented and skilled ex England cricket captain receives a totally justifiable knighthood. Well done Sir Alastair Cook.
19. Even after 31 years working in the wine trade there is plenty more to learn, explore and taste. Burgundy and Champagne have been exhilarating to visit in 2018.
20. The wine world has some truly fabulous, interesting, charming and fantastic people.