Friday 20 April 2012

Bordeaux 2011: Top wines

My top red wines from tasting the 2011 barrel samples:

1. Chateau Palmer
2. Chateau Pontet Canet
3. Chateau Pichon Baron
4. Chateau Haut Brion
5. Vieux Chateau Certan
6. Chateau Lafite Rothschild
7. Chateau Haut Bailly
8. Domaine de Chevalier
9. Clos du Clocher
10. Chateau Figeac

My top sweet white wines from 2011 samples:

1. Chateau de Fargues
2. Chateau d'Yquem
3. Chateau Coutet
4. Chateau Climens
5. Chateau Guiraud

My top dry whites from 2011 samples:

1. Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte
2. Domaine de Chevalier
3. Chateau Malarctic Lagraviere
4. Chateau La Mission Haut Brion
5. Chateau Marjosse.

NB I am yet to taste at Chateau Latour and Ausone....I will taste in May. I will re taste at Mouton Rothschild, Margaux, Lafite, Haut Brion and Cheval Blanc over the next few weeks.


No comments: